Your privacy is important to us.
1. What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
When you register with us we may ask for your name, address phone number and email address so we can register you for special offers, competitions and send you any information such as brochures that you may have requested. We may also use the information that we collect to notify you about important changes to the site, new services and special offers we think you will find interesting. If you would rather not receive this information, please visit our âContact Usâ page to check and alter your subscriptions as required.
2. What are cookies and why do they appear on my computer?
âCookiesâ are small pieces of information which are created when you visit certain websites. These cookies are stored by your browser on your computers hard drive and remember that you visited the site. The next time you visit the site it can automatically enter information which you have previously entered on the site without you having to enter the detail again. This allows us to provide services tailored to your specific needs. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information and will not harm your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. You can also delete cookies at any time by going into the âwindows/cookiesâ directory on your computer. Even without a cookie you can still use most of the features on the site.
3. Will Laidlaw Balustrades disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Your personal information may be used by us to notify you of changes to the website, new services and special offers that we think you will find valuable. We do not sell, rent, share or trade your personal information to others. We may chose to do so in the future to trustworthy third parties but you can tell us not to by selecting the appropriate choices on the âContact UsâÂ page.
4. Your consent
5. Delete/deactivate procedures
You have the option to remove your information from our database. If you do not wish to receive further information from us please visit the âContact Usâ contact page to alter your subscriptions as required
What are Cookies ?
To order products on Laidlaw Balustrades, you need to have cookies enabled â see the section on Managing cookies. If you donât wish to enable cookies, youâll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing cookies for help to turn them on should you need to.
Please note that cookies canât harm your computer. We donât store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when youâre browsing.
Weâre giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure weâre honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know youâd expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that weâre working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
Our Cookies Policy ?
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Laidlaw Balustrades, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies donât store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the âkeyâ that, once youâre signed in, is associated with this information. However, if youâd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Laidlaw Balustrades, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the âHelpâ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Hereâs a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for.
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|AdTrack, Affiliate, Referrer||These cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from. This helps us know which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward some external websites for directing you to us.|
|.ASPXANONYMOUS cookie||We use this to determine if your web browser supports some of the features of our checkout that make checkout quicker and easier to complete.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId cookie||This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website such as âAdd to basketâ or browsing the website. The website wouldnât work for you without it.|
|ASPDNSFGUID||The shopping basket cookie, a unique id that
we assign to your shopping backet.
|_utma, _utmz||These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics.The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at
Laidlaw Balustrades and Google and never shows any confidential information.
Flash cookies (or Local Shared Objects)
On Laidlaw Balustrades we display video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects) to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but theyâre managed differently by your browser.
To enable cookies
If youâre not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on âHelpâ at the top of your browser window and select the âAboutâ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the âAboutâ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on âToolsâ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the âUnder the Hoodâ tab, locate the âPrivacyâ section, and select the âContent settingsâ button
- Now select âAllow local data to be setâ
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0
- Click on âToolsâ at the top of your browser window and select âInternet optionsâ, then click on the âPrivacyâ tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on âToolsâ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, and then select âallow sites to set cookiesâ
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the âPreferencesâ option
- Click on âSecurityâ, check the option that says âBlock third-party and advertising cookiesâ
- Click âSaveâ
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on âExplorerâ at the top of your browser window and select âPreferencesâ options
- Scroll down until you see âCookiesâ under Receiving Files
- Select the âNever Askâ option
Safari on OSX
- Click on âSafariâ at the top of your browser window and select the âPreferencesâ option
- Click on âSecurityâ then âAccept cookiesâ
- Select the âOnly from site you navigate toâ
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on âMozillaâ or âNetscapeâ at the top of your browser window and select the âPreferencesâ option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under âPrivacy & Securityâ
- Select âEnable cookies for the originating web site onlyâ
- Click on âMenuâ at the top of your browser window and select âSettingsâ
- Then select âPreferencesâ, select the âAdvancedâ tab
- Then select âAccept cookiesâ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.